NEW CLASSES LISTED BELOW
Grade 8 Referee: Competitive Youth Games
Requirements and Information
This Grade 8 Referee class is to certify referees for the competitive youth game. Grade 8 referees may officiate both recreational and competitive "travel" soccer games. The Grade 9 course is NOT required before taking the Grade 8.
A minimum of 20 people must register for a class to be held.
Must be 16 yrs of age the day of the class
Class fee: $155.00 (fee includes USSF registration, classroom fee and Referee Starter kit which includes the minimally required uniform)
Should you withdraw from the class you will be refunded the uniform and USSF registration costs, $85, the class fee of $65 plus a $5 administrative charge is nonrefundable.
If you already have a referee uniform (i.e. shorts, socks, short sleeve yellow shirt) you can substitute different shirts etc. in place of the starter kit. More information will be provided in the classroom session.
Effective for the 2015 registration period, all referees 18yrs of age or older will submit to a background check, this is part of the registration process
USSF REFEREE UNIFORM STANDARDS
What you need to do:
1) Register and pay for a course (see link below)....you will see TWO DEADLINES....one for completion of the online training, the other is the day you attend the class
2) Complete the online training (see link below) by SUNDAY before your classroom session
3) Attend the class and pass the in class exam
Registration and Class Requirements:
- Click here to register and pay for the class> GRADE 8 ENTRY LEVEL CLASS REGISTRATION
- Go here to complete the online training> GRADE 8 ENTRY LEVEL ONLINE TRAINING
- THIS IS NOT DIFFICULT BUT YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Online training is 18 individual modules
- When you start each module you will be prompted to enter information....you MUST enter your name, email address, state and the FOUR DIGIT NJSRC Clinic number (listed below) for which you registered at the start of each module.....if you do not do this you will NOT get credit for taking the modules
- Answer the few simple questions at the end of each module, you are required to score 100%, you can go back as many times as needed to answer each question correctly
- At the end of each successfully completed module you will get a certificate which has your name, state course number and date of completion….you will also get email confirmation that you completed the module and the certificate will be emailed to the address you entered at the start of the module, additionally you can print directly from the site upon completion of a module
- Completion of each module by each individual is electronically tracked and recorded....a report is sent to us, the NJSRC, so we can monitor who did or did not complete the training ontime, if you do not follow the instructions above the completion of your work will not be recorded
- SUNDAY 12:00 MIDNIGHT BEFORE the scheduled class is the deadline that all 18 modules must be COMPLETED…..if you fail to complete the modules prior to the deadline you cannot attend the class
- IF YOU START THE MODULES LATE SUNDAY NIGHT YOU WILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO COMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE CLASS
- COMPLETION OF THE MODULES IS ELECTRONICALLY RECORDED...THE START TIME IS RECORDED AND STOPS AFTER 12:00 MIDNIGHT
- Attend the one day classroom session and pass a 50 question exam with a minimum score of 80%
SUMMER 2014 SCHEDULED GRADE 8 CLASSES
NJSRC Clinic # 9603 August 9, Saturday at Edison
NJSRC Clinic #9606 August 10, Sunday at Mt. Laurel
NJSRC Clinic # 9607 August 16, Saturday at Eatontown
NJSRC Clinic #9608 August 17, Sunday at Saddlebrook