Welcome to the first step in becoming a soccer referee!
Effective July 1, 2019, US Soccer has introduced the name Grassroots Referee to replace the former "grades" of 7, 8, and 9. The US Soccer Digital Learning Center has also became the hub for all registration activities.
You must be 13 or older to set up an account in the Learning Center.
· Valid for two years.
· Takes 7-10 days to clear. Your background check must be cleared before you can sign up for ANY class. We do not accept any other background checks.
· Our In-Person Course consists of 2 parts - Classroom session and Field session. These sessions are held on seperate dates and you must sign up for both of these sessions seperately. You must attend the classroom session prior to attending the Field Session. Classroom session registration will be hosted on learning.ussoccer.com (will be refereed to as the LC). Field session registration will be hosted on njsrc.gameofficials.net (you must set up a seperate account here too. This course will require an override code to register. This code will be placed in your Communications Tab in your LC account).
· Prior to attending the Classroom session you MUST complete all the training posted in your Assignments Tab on the LC - Online Training, Safe and Healthy Playing Environment, Safesport, and Quiz. If all assignments are not completed, you will NOT be permitted to attend the classroom session. We do not offer full refunds. Class is scheduled to run all day, 8am-5pm. You must stay for the entire class.
· The field session will be held rain or shine. Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of your session. You must be checked in at registration before the scheduled start of your session. Late arrivals will not be permitted to participate but must reschedule.
- Class should run for about 2 hours.
- This is an active session; please dress appropriately. Sandals are not permitted; sneakers or turf shoes are recommended. Please bring water as none will be provided. We will be providing you with your first referee whistle and a set of yellow/red cards, which you will use at the field session.
· Registration for an in-person course includes US Soccer licensing and liability insurance. This fee also includes a US Soccer Referee uniform and Starter Kit from Official Sports. Information on ordering will be posted in your Communication tab after you attend your classroom session.
· 100% of the Online Grassroots Referee Course MUST be completed before attending the Classroom session. Estimated time to complete is 4.5-6 hours. If you do not, you will not be permitted to attend and full refunds will not be given. We strongly suggest that you bring a copy of your online training Certification of Completion to the classroom session.
· Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Enviroments must be completed prior to the classroom session
· Grass Roots Quiz must be completed prior to the classroom session
· Estimated time to complete is 2-2.5 hours.
· The LOTG are also available as an app on both Android and iOS.
· It is not required to print the LOTG document.
Below is our list of CLASSROOM Sessions - register at learning.ussoccer.com
Registration for class will run 8-829am. Class starts promptly at 830am. Class will be done between 3-330pm.
Saturday 2/1/2020 Days Hotel East Brunswick
Sunday 2/9/2020 Clarion Hotel Toms River
Saturday 2/15/2020 Holiday Inn Cherry Hill
Saturday 2/22/2020 Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Sunday 2/23/2020 Days Hotel East Brunswick
Below is our list of FIELD Sessions - register at njsrc.gameofficials.net - code can be found in your Communications Folder at learning.ussoccer.com
Registration will run 9-930am. Field Session will run 930-1130am.
Saturday February 29 Brick at VETERNAS MEMORIAL SCHOOL
Sunday March 1 Sicklerville at GLOUSTER TOWNSHIP COMMUNITY PARK
Saturday March 7 Cranford at MEMORIAL STADIUM TURF
Sunday March 8 Succasunna at ROXBURY TOWNSHIP RECREATION CENTER
Sunday March 15 Robbinsville at ROBBINSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
Saturday March 21 Manalapan at MANALAPAN RECREATION CENTER